Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Audio Sync Issues
12-23-2016, 03:34 AM
Audio Sync Issues
Hi All,

I am just getting back on RP after a long break so I started from the beginning as a refresher. I was on Tempo exercise and the back up audio was slow by about 5 to 10 seconds. The calibration is dead on and th performance buffer is set to .030. I am running a new Dell XPS 15 with Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 OS build 14393.576, an i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz and 16 GB of RAM. I plug in headphones and use the PC's built in microphone. I can hear my playing clearly and everything else seems to work correctly, no serious lags or anything. I included a screenshot of the mixer screen for reference with the build number.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, has anything rectified the issue? I haven't check any other lessons yet, hopefully I can later today and will let you know if there are any other lessons with the same issue.

Thanks,

Lucas

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2017, 02:39 AM
RE: Audio Sync Issues
I have a similar PC, but Lenovo. My issue is that I hear about a 1 second lag in my earphones and on the "Play" screen the plucks sound late even though I'm plucking when instructed. I the full range on mixer settings with zero impact. I'm using wireless LG headset, without it I get serious feedback. I checked the PC Sound settings "Level" for the headset--was already at 100%, but put it on 75% as suggested by the video--no impact to lag. I wouldn't but my performance is terrible because Prodigy thinks I'm plucking strings almost into the next note.

How do I fix this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply